It’s time once again to think about next year’s sport seasons. It also means it is time to get an updated athletic physical. We would like to remind parents/guardians and athletes the following
1) The Kansas State High School Activities Association (KSHSAA) requires athletes to complete a new physical each academic year.
2) Physicals MUST be complete after May 1st for the up-coming school year.
3) Only a Medical Doctor (MD), Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO), Doctor of Chiropractic Medicine (DC) or Physician’s Assistant (PA-C) may complete/sign a KSHSAA Physical.
4) Physicals completed by an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) MUST be co-signed by a physician.
5) The DCHS Activities Department requires a current physical (completed/dated after May 1, 2012) to participate in Summer Weights and Summer Athletic Camps.
This year, the DCHS Activities Department in conjunction with some of our local physicians and medical providers will host the 8th Annual “Physical Night” this upcoming Monday. Physicals will be done from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m., in the DCHS Field House. We have increased the number of medical providers once again to streamline the process.
The cost for the athletic physical is still only $10.
Those not in the door by 9 p.m. will need to schedule a physical with their medical provider. This is a once-a-year opportunity for DC athletes entering grades 7–12.
Any DC athlete entering grades 7–12, planning to participate in a sport during the up-coming school year is welcome to take advantage of this opportunity.
For additional information, please contact the DCHS Activities Department at 620-227-1777.
If your last name begins with an A-G, physical start times will begin at 6 p.m., while last names beginning with H-P will start at 7 p.m., and Q-Z will get underway at 8 p.m.