The Dodge City High School cross country teams ran in multiple locations this weekend. Here’s how they did.
Saturday in Newton, Kansas
Both the girls and boys varsity teams sent runners to Newton Centennial Park in Newton, Kansas Saturday.
The Boys team finished seventh of 14 teams, with a score of 153 points. Javier Marquez continued his strong season, leading the team with a seventh-place finish and a time of 17:01. Giovanni Valverde also finished strong, ending in 16th place with a time of 17:26.
The other runners finished as follows:
- Israel Rojas, 31st place, in a time of 17:51
- Jesus Solis, 43rd place, in a time of 18:11
- Jair Martinez, 57th place, in a time of 18:28
- Eduardo Hernandez, 71st place, in a time of 19:03
- and Ivan Ortiz, 84th place, in a time of 20:07.
The girls team also sent a contingent to Newton.
Lizeth Diego led the way for the Red Demons, finishing 45th, with a time of 22:45. Denise Dominguez finished strong as well, coming in second among Red Demons and 61st overall with a time of 23:19.
Here’s how the rest of the runners did:
- Anna Ridgway finished 72nd in 23:50
- Mariela Lopez finished 76th in 24:02
- Jaclyn Vargas finished 80th in 24:29
- Ximena Cervantez finished 82nd in 24:57
- and Jackie Tarango finished 85th in 26:08.
Saturday in Stillwater, Oklahoma
The Red Demons girls cross country team also sent a group of girls to Stillwater, Oklahoma to compete in a large meet at Oklahoma State University.
Overall, the Red Demons finished sixth among the 20 teams at the Jamboree.
Ayanna Hensley was the fastest among Red Demons, finishing 15th overall in a time of 21:35. Luz Lopez was less than 20-seconds behind her, finishing 21st in a time of 21:52. Here’s how the other runners fared:
- Karina Herrera finished 33rd in a time of 22:47
- Caroline Williams finished 34th in a time of 22:51
- Lucy Lozano finished 40th in a time of 23:09
- Ely Dorado finished 46th in a time of 23:26
- and Perla Ailon finished 56th in a time of 23:55.