JETMORE -- The Kansas Bureau of Investigations and the Hodgeman County Sheriff's Office arrested Hodgeman County Deputy Kody Hanson on Thursday in the death of his two-month son last week.

Hanson is facing charges of first degree murder and felony abuse of a child and was booked into the Ford County Detention Center on Thursday.

Ford County agreed to hold Hanson for Hodgeman County.

The Hodgeman County Sheriff's Office confirmed the death of an infant on Tuesday, April 7 late last week and stated the KBI is handling the investigation, refusing further comment.

Mark Malick of the Kansas Bureau of Investigations confirmed KBI is working the investigation via email last week. The email said the Hodgeman County Sheriff's Office requested the assistance and that future information would come from the Kansas Attorney General's Office.

However, Malick released a statement on Thursday to the media stating the infant's father, Hanson, had been arrested.

Circumstances surrounding the infant's death have not yet been released, but an autopsy was performed

The Dodge City Daily Globe reached out to the attorney general's office for comment last week and Jennifer Rapp said the attorney general's office has accepted prosecution of the case from the Hodgeman County Attorney's Office.

As of yet, no first appearance or court information has been released. It is unknown if Hanson has an attorney.

Hanson and his live-in girlfriend, a nurse in Jetmore who was the mother of the child, lived in a small, ranch style home. The 30-year-old joined the Hodgeman County Sheriff's Office in 2014 after beginning his career in Goodland, Kansas.

Hanson is also a 10-year veteran of the Kansas Army National Guard and served in Iraq in 2006-2007, according to his bio which is still listed on the sheriff's office's website.

A Facebook page for Hodgeman County Sheriff's Office was shut down by Sheriff Jared Walker on Thursday, April 9. The post stated "Due to certain circumstances Hodgeman County Sheriff's Office will be closing their page for a while. Won't be a permanent thing. We will restart it when the time is right. Thanks for all your cooperation in this difficult time."

That post and others have since been taken off the page with the last update being from January 13.

The Daily Globe attempted to contact the KBI and attorney general's office for comment on Friday to no avail.