The Dodge City Red Demons season continues after the Red Demons beat the Junction City Bluejays Friday night in first round of the 6A State Playoffs by a score of 25-15.

It was the fourth-straight win for the Red Demons.

In the first half, Dodge City controlled the game.

On one hand, the Red Demons ran well, largely with hands of senior Jaiel Johnson gashed the Bluejays. Junior quarterback Beau Foster was a force.

Up 3-0, Foster threw a 15-yard pass to junior De Jon Delgado, after which an extra point gave the Red Demons a 10-0 lead.

Junction City ran the ball in on an ensuing drive, cutting the lead to 10-7, but Foster again cut into the Bluejays, running the ball in past the right-side pylon to give the Red Demons a 16-7 lead.

The Red Demons tacked on field goal before the end of the half to take a 19-7 lead into halftime.

Perhaps the biggest difference between the two teams in the first half was the turnovers. The Bluejays lost multiple fumbles in the first, while the Red Demons maintained a clean sheet, committing none.

In the second half, the Bluejays carved their way down the field to cut the Dodge City lead to 19-15 after a two-point conversion.

Dodge City, however, was from done. After being forced to punt, Dodge City junior Cedric Rosales came up with a huge interception, giving the Red Demons the ball back at the 40 yard line. A few plays later, and after a long pass to sophomore Matt Friess Jr., junior John Johnson ran the ball in around the left, extending the Red Demons’ lead to 25-15 after a missed extra point.

With 9:31 left in the third, the Red Demons finally committed a turnover as Foster was picked off trying to pass up the center of the field. The ball gave the Bluejays the ball on their own 47 yard line.

Dodge City forced Junction City into a fourth down on the ensuing drive, but Junction City converted. Then, after a 15-yard sack by Red Demon junior Tommy Bermudez, Junction City sophomore Andrew Khoury threw an incomplete pass to bring up 4th and 19 with 5:28 left in regulation. Junction City took a timeout before the 4th down attempt.

A few minutes later, Dodge City's defense forced a turnover on downs.

That was the beginning of the end for the Bluejays, as the Red Demons were able to just continue running the ball and burning the clock while leaving the Bluejays too little time to make a comeback.

The Red Demons will face Derby next week, which beat Lawrence 41-7 Friday night.