As the High School Football State Playoffs continue in Kansas, the Dodge City Daily Globe Sports Desk has been keeping watch on local teams.
Here’s this week’s update after the games that took place Nov. 2, 2018, broken down by classification. Results from 6A through 8-Man Div. I are according to the Kansas State High School Activities Association brackets posted on the KSHSAA website. Results from 6-Man are according to KPreps.com.
- Dodge City fell on the road to West-Regional No. 1 seed Derby by a score of 54-7. Read our story on that by clicking here.
- The Cimarron Bluejays’ season ended Friday with a 41-18 loss to Hoisington in Cimarron.
8-Man Div. 1:
- South Central once again rolled, beating Burden-Central 48-0.
The Timberwolves have won their first two playoff games by a combined score of 98-0, but face a tough test Friday in the Sectional round when they host Canton-Galva, which enters with a 9-1 overall record fresh off a 74-26 win over Burlingame.
- Hodgeman County beat Spearville 76-48.
For the second time in the back-half of the season, the Hodgeman County Longhorns beat the Spearville Lancers, this time ending the Lancers’ season.
Spearville put up quite a fight in trying to avenge their 54-8 loss back on Oct. 12. In the end though, Hodgeman County continued to show they might be the best team in the Southern Plains - Iroquois Activities Association this season.
The Longhorns head out on the road for their Nov. 9 game in which they will take on 10-0 St. Francis.
- Weskan beat Pawnee Heights 55-38.
- Golden Plains beat Ashland 71-46.
The winners of these two games play each other Nov. 10 in the State Championship, though 6-man football is non-KSHSAA sanctioned.