58 active coronavirus cases added to county’s list
On Friday, Oct. 23, 30 cases were added to Ford County's COVID-19 list, according to the Kansas Department of Health and Environment, with a case rate of 99.4 per 1,000 people.
There were 72 tests conducted, with a testing rate of 339.3 per 1,000 people.
There were no new hospitalizations, one intensive care admission and three patients discharged.
According to Ford County physicians adviser Dr. R.C. Trotter, the exact number of deaths from COVID-19 cannot be confirmed.
On Monday, Oct. 26, the KDHE reported 28 new cases, with a case rate of 100.3 per 1,000 people out of 74 new tests conducted and a testing rate of 341.5 per 1,000 people.
There was one new hospitalization.
Manor of the Plains in Dodge City said one of its employees tested positive for the coronavirus through ongoing surveillance testing.
"The employee last worked Tuesday, Oct. 20, and tested negative for COVID-19 in last week’s surveillance testing," Manor of the Plains marketing director Brittany Gladbach said. "The employee was tested Monday, Oct. 19, along with 70 other Manor of the Plains employees. The other 69 employee tests were negative.
"A second round of employee surveillance testing was conducted Wednesday, Oct. 21.
"We will continue to monitor residents for signs and symptoms and continue employee surveillance testing as scheduled Oct. 26 and Oct. 28."
Dodge City USD 443 on Friday, Oct. 23, reported 30 coronavirus cases. The cases were:
• One student and one staff member at Bright Beginnings.
• One staff member at Central Elementary School.
• One student and three staff members at Comanche Middle School.
• Three students and three staff members at Dodge City High School.
• Five students and seven staff members at Dodge City Middle School.
• One staff members at Miller Elementary School.
• One student at Ross Elementary School.
• One staff member at Soule Elementary School.
• One staff member in the district office and one in the maintenance department.
To contact the writer, email email@example.com.