Two facilities listed on latest COVID-19 case cluster report
Wednesday’s report from the Kansas Department of Health and Environment showed Ford County added 57 new cases of COVID-19 with a case rate of 144.7 per 1,000 people.
There were 113 new tests conducted with a testing rate 411.2 per 1,000 people with three new hospitalizations, no new ICU admissions and one new patient discharge.
Only two facilities were listed on the case cluster summary report, the lowest since KDHE began releasing the summary.
In Ford County, National Beef was listed with five cases within the last 14 days and Dodge City USD 443 with 14.
The KDHE will release the names of locations that have five or more cases with symptom-onset dates in the last 14 days and does not include a cumulative case count associated with the locations. As a location no longer has five or more symptom-onset cases, it will be removed from the list.
Dodge City Public Schools listed 22 active cases on its website as of Wednesday.
The facilities were:
• Beeson Elementary School with three staff members.
• Bright Beginnings with one student and one staff member.
• Comanche Middle School with three staff members.
• Dodge City High School with four students and three staff members.
• Linn Elementary School with one staff member.
• Miller Elementary School with one staff member
• Northwest Elementary School with one staff member.
• Sunnyside Elementary School with two staff members.
• The district office with two staff members.
To contact the writer, email email@example.com.