COVID-19 case counts over weekend
On Friday, the Kansas Department of Health and Environment showed Ford County added 42 cases of COVID-19 with a case rate of 157.8 per 1,000 people.
There were 90 new tests conducted with a testing rate of 449.5 per 1,000 people.
There were two new hospitalizations, no new ICU admissions and two new patient discharges.
On Monday, the KDHE showed Ford County added 33 cases of COVID-19 with a case rate of 158.7 per 1,000 people.
There were 118 new tests conducted with a testing rate of 453.0 per 1,000 people.
There were three new hospitalizations, three new ICU admissions and two new patient discharges.
There have been 31 confirmed deaths related to COVID-19 in Ford County.
Dodge City Public Schools showed 17 active cases of COVID-19 on its website as of Jan. 11. They were:
• One staff member at alternative education.
• One staff member at Beeson Elementary School.
• One staff member at Comanche Middle School.
• Five students at Dodge City High School.
• One student and three staff members at Linn Elementary School.
• Two students and two staff members at Mille Elementary School.
• One student at Northwest Elementary School.
To contact the writer, email firstname.lastname@example.org.